8th International Workshop on Advances in Semantic Information Retrieval (ASIR’18)
Poznań, Poland, 9 - 12 September, 2018
The International Workshop on Advances in Semantic Information Retrieval is organized as an event within FedCSIS. In 2018, we are running our eighth workshop. It is gaining popularity among researchers from Europe and Asia.
We are doing our best to follow the changes in the area of semantic information retrieval and making the necessary adjustments in the set of topics of interests. We shift the focus of this workshop on the most challenging problems. The ASIR’18 workshop will continue to maintain high standards of quality and organization, set in the previous years.
Characterizing the current tendency in development of semantic technologies, we point out that recent advances form a solid basis for a variety of methods and instruments used in multimedia information retrieval, knowledge representation, discovery and analysis. They influence the way and form of representing documents in the memory of computers, approaches to analyze documents, and techniques to mine and retrieve knowledge. In its turn, gathered knowledge is used to build problem domain models and support decision making. The abundance of video, voice and speech data also raises new challenging problems in developing multimedia information retrieval systems.
We believe that the ASIR’18 workshop will facilitate discussions of new research results in this area, and will serve as a meeting place for researchers from all over the world. Our aim is to create an atmosphere of friendship and cooperation for everyone, interested in computational linguistics, data-driven decision making, data analytics and semantic information retrieval. We welcome all interested researchers to join this event.
The topics and areas include but not limited to:
- Data analytics.
- Data-driven decision making.
- Domain-specific semantic applications.
- Evaluation methodologies for semantic search and retrieval.
- Knowledge representation and management.
- Models for document representation.
- Natural language semantic processing.
- Ontology for semantic information retrieval.
- Ontology alignment, mapping and merging.
- Query interfaces.
- Searching and ranking.
- Semantic multimedia retrieval.
- Visualization of retrieved results.
- Authors should submit draft papers (as Postscript, PDF or MSWord file).
- The total length of a paper should not exceed 10 pages IEEE style (including tables, figures and references). IEEE style templates are available here.
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the workshop.
- Preprints containing accepted papers will be published on a USB memory stick provided to the FedCSIS participants.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be published in Conference Proceedings and submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® database.
- Conference proceedings will be published in a volume with ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers and posted at the conference WWW site.
- Conference proceedings will be indexed in BazEkon and submitted for indexation in: Thomson Reuters - Conference Proceedings Citation Index, SciVerse Scopus, Inspec, Index Copernicus, DBLP Computer Science Bibliography and Google Scholar
- Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS events.