12th Conference on Information Systems Management (ISM'17)
Prague, Czech Republic, 3 - 6 September, 2017
This event constitutes a forum for the exchange of ideas for practitioners and theorists working in the broad area of information systems management in organizations. The conference invites papers coming from two complimentary directions: management of information systems in an organization, and uses of information systems to empower managers. The conference is interested in all aspects of planning, organizing, resourcing, coordinating, controlling and leading the management function to ensure a smooth operation of information systems in an organization. Moreover, the papers that discuss the uses of information systems and information technology to automate or otherwise facilitate the management function are specifically welcome.
The areas and topics of interest include, but are not limited to two groups:
Management of Information Systems in an Organization:
- Modern IT project management methods
- User-oriented project management methods
- Business Process Management in project management
- Managing global systems
- Influence of Enterprise Architecture on management
- Effectiveness of information systems
- Efficiency of information systems
- Security of information systems
- Privacy consideration of information systems
- Mobile digital platforms for information systems management
- Cloud computing for information systems management
Uses of Information Systems to Empower Managers
- Achieving alignment of business and information technology
- Assessing business value of information systems
- Risk factors in information systems projects
- IT governance
- Sourcing, selecting and delivering information systems
- Planning and organizing information systems
- Staffing information systems
- Coordinating information systems
- Controlling and monitoring information systems
- Formation of business policies for information systems
- Portfolio management,
- CIO and information systems management roles
- Authors should submit draft papers (as Postscript, PDF or MSWord file).
- The total length of a paper should not exceed 10 pages IEEE style (including tables, figures and references). IEEE style templates are available here.
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the workshop.
- Preprints containing accepted papers will be published on a USB memory stick provided to the FedCSIS participants.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be published in Conference Proceedings and submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® database.
- Conference proceedings will be published in a volume with ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers and posted at the conference WWW site.
- Conference proceedings will be indexed in BazEkon and submitted for indexation in: Thomson Reuters - Conference Proceedings Citation Index, SciVerse Scopus, Inspec, Index Copernicus, DBLP Computer Science Bibliography and Google Scholar
- Extended versions of high-marked papers presented at ISM’2015 nad ISM’2016 sessions have been published with Springer in volumes of Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing: LNBIP 243 and LNBIP 277.
- Extended versions of selected papers presented during the ISM'17 conference will be published in Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing series (LNBIP, Springer).
- “The Best Paper” award will be granted to the outstanding quality paper presented at ISM'2017
- Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS events.